RHNK - Call for Abstracts
The Reproductive Health Network Kenya (RHNK) will host its 7th Annual Scientific Conference on Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (AYSRHR). The conference will bring together the adolescents and youth, donors, development partners, ministry of health and state and non-state actors in the SRHR space. The insights from this conference will provide strategies for prioritizing AYSRHR and best practices within the region.
Prioritizing Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (AYSRHR) in Africa is essential for fostering comprehensive well-being and sustainable development across the continent. This strategic focus involves a multifaceted approach to empower young individuals in making informed decisions about their sexual and reproductive health. By implementing comprehensive sexuality education, ensuring access to contraception and family planning services, and establishing youth-friendly health facilities, the initiative seeks to provide a supportive environment that dismantles stigma and discrimination.
Empowering girls and women, engaging men and boys, and leveraging digital health solutions contribute to addressing gender inequalities and expanding access to accurate information. Policy advocacy, community involvement, and data-driven strategies further reinforce the importance of legal reforms and targeted interventions. Through these priorities, the aim is to create a holistic framework that not only educates but also supports the diverse needs of adolescents and youth in Africa, fostering a healthier and more empowered generation.
THEME: Priorities for Advancing AYSRHR in Africa
The conference will take place from 18th - 21st June 2024 in Mombasa County, Kenya.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
The conference planning committee invites abstracts of original research and program intervention for presentation at the conference. Poster presentations are also welcome. Abstracts should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Abstract should address any of the conference sub-themes
- The abstract should be submitted via the on-line submission platform
- Indicate the names of all authors
- Institutional affiliations
- Abstracts must be written in English, and should be of no more than 550 words
- Original Research abstract must include; Title, Background, Objectives, Methodology, Results and Conclusion
- Program Interventions abstract must include; Title, Background, Methodology, Results and Replication
- Pre-communications and Innovations on trends within AYSRHR from interested speakers
NB: All accepted abstracts will be published in conference proceedings.
SUBMISSIONS AND TIMELINES:
The conference targets adolescents and youth, donors, development partners, researchers, ministry of health and state and non-state actors in the SRHR space.
Abstracts submission portal:
- Abstract submission deadline: 15th April 2024
- Notification of abstract submission status deadline: 30th April 2024
- Submission of corrected abstracts deadline: 15th May 2024
- Registration deadline: 31st May 2024
In case of any questions contact the Conference Secretariat on Cell no +254 20 2 220 160 (0800 hrs - 1700 hrs EAT) or Email: [email protected].
Visit our conference website: www.rhnkconference.org for more information